0844 453 0127
Why Would I Need To Speak To The O2 Helpline?
- You need to pay your bill over the phone
- You want to upgrade your contract and/or handset
- You need to edit details on your current plan
- You want to find out about extra charges for using your phone abroad
- You need your PAC code
- You are having issues with network coverage
A History Of O2
O2 offers a variety of telecommunications, internet and financial services in the UK. It is owned by Telefónica and is the second biggest mobile network provider in the UK, after EE. Its headquarters are currently based in Slough.
O2 began life as ‘Cellnet’, established by John Carrington, the CEO of BT’s Mobile Division. From here, Cellnet was bought out BT and was known as BT Cellnet from 1999 till 2001. In 2002, it became known as O2 and was taken over by Telefónica in 2005.
From 2009, O2 started to offer a service called O2 Money and has got future plans to expand this service further to involve Near Field Communication technology. Other ventures for O2 includes home broadband and fixed line services as well as offering business accounts.
O2 is also the main sponsor of The O2 Arena in London, as well as being the partner of the Academy Music Group.